If you wish to use reproduce or store any content from this blog please see the usage policy

Friday 4 September 2020

Pieces of You

 Pieces of You


Memory cards found on the floor,

Old mobile phones at the back of a draw,

Handwritten notes in past birthday cards,

I search the pockets of clothes that used to be yours,


Looking for things I've not seen before,

From years that have past, that I may have ignored,

Little pieces of you scattered around,

Little pieces of you waiting to be found,


I gave you back to the earth,

To the wind, to the sky,

Returned you to the Whole,

I said goodbye,


I imagined your soul spread across all the land,

Across oceans of water, across deserts of sand,

I thought there'd be comfort having you everywhere,

But I can't seem to stop wanting you here,


Now I'm constantly searching cupboards and draws,

For tatty photos dropped between the floorboards,

Trying to hold every memory of you,

Trying to collect all the little pieces of you.

2 comments: